We are all Notre Dame.
You became part of this community the moment you decided to make Notre Dame your home. The University community embraces and celebrates every student that sets foot on our campus. We hope that you will find respect, hospitality, and warmth in every corner of the campus community.
As a Catholic University, we believe that every human being possesses the dignity of being made in God’s image, and every culture reflects God’s grandeur. Diversity at Notre Dame enriches the lives of every individual and the community as a whole.
The Division of Student Affairs is proud to support resources, programming and initiatives that celebrate and promote our diverse community. Here are just a few.
- Multicultural Students Programs and Services
- The Gender Relations Center
- The Career Center
- Campus Ministry
The Vice President for Student Affairs oversees two formal student advisory committees related to Diversity and Inclusion:
- Advisory Committee for Student Climate Related to Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Questioning Students
- Advisory Committee for Student Climate Related to Race and Ethnicity
Read Student Affairs’ 21 Diversity recommendations
“We prize the uniqueness of all persons as God’s creatures. We welcome all people, regardless of color, gender, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, social or economic class, and nationality, for example, precisely because of Christ’s calling to treat others as we desire to be treated. We value gay and lesbian members of this community as we value all members of this community. We condemn harassment of any kind, and University policies proscribe it. We consciously create an environment of mutual respect, hospitality and warmth in which none are strangers and all may flourish.”
-The Spirit of Inclusion, University of Notre Dame
- Fr. Jenkins Announces The President's Oversight Committee on Diversity and Inclusion
- Student Affairs Issues Diversity Goals, The Observer, March 20, 2014
- Notre Dame's Office of Institutional Equity