Dear Notre Dame Students, Faculty, and Staff,
In order to channel the University’s response to the sexual abuse crisis in the Catholic Church, Father Jenkins has established a Campus Engagement Task Force and a Research and Scholarship Task Force.
The charge of the Campus Engagement Task Force is to facilitate dialogue, to listen to the observations, thoughts, and recommendations of the Notre Dame community, and to summarize feedback so that it can be directed constructively. We have been asked by Father Jenkins to co-chair this Task Force, and we are joined in our work by the following Task Force members: Aaron Benavides, student; Christine Caron Gebhardt, Gender Relations Center; Rev. Pete McCormick, C.S.C., Campus Ministry; Karrah Miller, Public Affairs; Colleen Moore, McGrath Institute for Church Life; Ernest Morell, English; and Stacey Noem, Masters of Divinity.
We invite each member of the campus community to participate in this important effort to shape Notre Dame’s response to the crisis in the Catholic Church. To that end, the Campus Engagement Task Force will host a series of listening sessions, and you can also share your feedback and reflections through an online form (your individual link may be found in an email you received on Nov. 1).
Each listening session will be a facilitated dialogue that invites participants to share both their reflections on the Church crisis and their suggestions for how Notre Dame can best respond. Please consider attending one of the following gatherings:
- Monday, November 5, 12 pm – 1:15 pm, First Floor Lounge, Coleman-Morse Center
- Wednesday, November 7, 7 pm – 8:15 pm, Downes Club, Corbett Hall
- Friday, November 9, 12 pm – 1:15 pm, First Floor Lounge, Coleman-Morse Center
- Wednesday, November 14, 3:30 pm – 4:45 pm, First Floor Lounge, Coleman-Morse Center
- Tuesday, November 6, 4:30 pm – 5:45 pm, First Floor Lounge, Coleman-Morse Center
- Thursday, November 15, 10:00 pm – 11:15 pm, Hospitality Room (south side of South Dining Hall)
- Friday, November 16, 12 pm – 1:15 pm, First Floor Lounge, Coleman-Morse Center
Originally published at campusministry.nd.edu.