Constructed in 1957, Stanford Hall shares Holy Cross Chapel with Keenan Hall. This Chapel holds one of Notre Dame's finest icons, a crucifix made by famed sculptor Ivan Mestrovic. Once a professor at Notre Dame, Mestrovik carved the 13-foot mahogany crucifix exclusively for the chapel in 1957. It remains a proud feature of the Chapel of the Holy Cross to this day.