St. Edward’s Hall is the oldest residence hall on campus and is named after the patron saint of University founder Fr. Edward Sorin, C.S.C., St. Edward the Confessor. With a mural painted by Luigi Gregori, the same artist who painted the murals of the Main Building and the Basilica of the Sacred Heart, St. Edward’s is the only Notre Dame residence hall listed in the National Register of Historic Places. It is also where Knute Rockne received his First Communion in 1925. Annual events include the Spring Yacht Dance and Founder’s Week, which is held each fall in honor of the hall’s history and traditions. St. Edward’s also hosts the fundraiser, “Mullets Against Malaria” for the charity Nothing But Nets, which purchases mosquito nets and advocates for the prevention of Malaria in third-world countries.
Rev. Ralph Haag, C.S.C.
Rev. Ralph Haag, C.S.C., became the rector of St. Edward’s Hall in 2006. Originally from Omaha, Nebraska, Fr. Ralph earned his Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration from Creighton University and his Master of Divinity degree from Notre Dame. He was ordained a Holy Cross priest in 2004. Prior to Notre Dame, Fr. Ralph served as the associate pastor of St. Gregory the Great Parish in Phoenix, Arizona. There, he worked with junior and high school youth groups, directed the high school religious education program, and created programs for adult faith education. He enjoys stamp collecting.
St. Edward the Confessor
|Number of Floors||4|
|Number of Rooms||74|