Constructed in 1925, Morrissey Hall is dedicated to Notre Dame’s seventh president, Rev. Andrew Morrissey, CSC.  Morrissey Manor is now in its ninth decade as a men’s residence hall.  The X-shaped cross on the Gothic-inspired building and its shield represents the crucifixion of St. Andrew, Fr. Morrissey’s patron saint.  Its west wing displays an outdoor pulpit reminiscent of European cathedrals, and the richly appointed entrance hall has the look of a gentleman’s club with fine wood paneling and a fireplace.  For academic inspiration, the dorm is outfitted with paintings of a student pouring over a book and the shields of the world’s great universities.

Commonly referred to as “Morrissey Manor” or “The Manor”, Morrissey houses 230 men, its splendid architecture dominating South Quad.  The Manor is within close walking distance to South Dining Hall, the Rockne Gym, volleyball and basketball courts and St. Mary’s Lake.