Originally constructed in 1897 as St. Joseph's Industrial School, Badin Hall was renamed in 1917 in honor of Rev. Stephen Badin, the first Catholic priest ordained in the USA and provider of the land where the original Log Cabin was built.
Badin was converted to a women’s residence hall in 1972 when Notre Dame became co-ed. Currently the smallest women’s residence hall on campus, Badin is the only hall with a balcony. Past residents include Angelo Bertelli '44 (Heisman Trophy winner), Alan Page '67 (MN Supreme Court Justice), Fr. Hesburgh (in the 1940s), and Fr. Malloy when he was an undergrad in the 1960s.
Sr. Susan Sisko, OSBM
|Number of Sections||5|
|Number of Floors||4|
|Air Conditioning?||On 1st floor|